Terms and Conditions - The People Portal
Welcome to the People Portal ("the Site") operated by Woolworths Group ("Woolworths").
This Site has been designed for Woolworths' Team Members to have a secure website accessible from home. This site will centrally communicate news and provide staff with secure access to policies, procedures and support materials relating to people management processes.
As we need to promote a safe, fair and enjoyable experience, Woolworths has established a set of rules and guidelines for the use of this Site.
Terms and Conditions
1. Access to this site will require you to have an active Google+ profile, issued by Woolworths Group.
2. We recognise that privacy is important to you, and that we have a responsibility to protect any personal information, which you may share with us. In accordance with the Privacy Act, we would like to advise you that the:
...information we collect from you will be handled sensitively and securely with proper regards for privacy. We will not usually disclose your personal information outside Woolworths Limited, except where certain functions on the website are outsourced by our provider. In these circumstances, confidentiality arrangements will apply to restrict the use and disclosure by those organisations who have your personal information disclosed to them.
For more information on the management of your privacy relating to Google+, click here.
3. In relation to the use of Google+, the following social media principles apply:
All employees should be aware of their online responsibilities when interacting through social media and the Internet. You are deemed to have read and understood your obligations as a Woolworth's employee by agreeing below.
Social media commonly refers to websites and online tools where users can interact and share information and opinions. Social media includes blogs, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and many other websites.
The standards Woolworths expects in the online world are much the same as the standards we expect on the shop or office floor. As a Woolworth's employee, you are expected to act responsibly and respectfully.
These guidelines apply for both work and personal use of social media when discussing Woolworths, colleagues, customers, our competitors or the industries in which we operate.
- Follow the Code of Conduct - be aware the Code of Conduct still applies online whenever you are talking about your job, the Company, colleagues, customers or your manager.
- Assume everything is public - conversation, comments, photos, videos, confidential or commercially sensitive company information can remain online permanently, irrespective of any attempt to delete the content.
- Be respectful - Woolworths has a low tolerance for negative comments made about colleagues, customers or the Company. Respect others and don't say something online you wouldn't be prepared to say direct to someone's face.
- Be honest and transparent - if you are talking about Woolworths or retailing on any forum, you should disclose your employment status. You cannot make comments on behalf of the Company and you need to be clear that any comments made are your personal view. If you do post information about the Company, make sure it is not confidential and that it is accurate.
- Give your job your full attention - it's your responsibility to do your job to the best of your ability. Use your time at work productively and keep personal conversations, phone calls, internet use and the use of personal mobile devices to an absolute minimum. Any breach of the Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary action including dismissal.
4. All ideas, comments or suggestions you submit must be your own and must not originate from any other person, unless that person has given you permission to submit their ideas on their behalf.
5. Woolworths is entitled to use any ideas, comments or suggestions you submit without payment to you or any other person.
6. Woolworths is not restricted from developing the concepts mentioned in this site, including any related or competing concepts.
7. You will not knowingly post content or links to content that violates the copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property right of any third party.
8. You will not post any material that is offensive, defamatory, or that breaches any right to privacy of the company or a third party.
9. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions or the Policies is considered a serious breach of the conditions of your employment which may result in disciplinary action including termination.
10. The contents of the Site is confidential and is the intellectual property of Woolworths. You will not provide details of your Google+ log in to any other person, nor will you allow access to the Site to any non-Woolworths employees, or forward, transmit or copy any part of the Site contents.
11. Woolworths reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time.
Click here to return to the People Portal login page.